New Forecasting Technology FAQ
Lately, we realized that the page detailing our forecasting technology was somewhat vague concerning under-the-hood aspects such as seasonality, trend, product life-cycle, promotions, … Hence we have just posted a new extensive Forecasting Technology FAQ.
Questions and Answers
- Nuts and bolts
- How accurate are your forecasts?
- Forecasting competitions, do you have any academic validation of your technology?
- Do you evaluate the accuracy of your forecasts?
- General patterns
- Macro trends (ex: financial crisis), how are they handled?
- Seasonality, trend, how is it handled?
- Promotions, how are they handled?
- Product Life Cycles and product launches, how are they handled?
- Intermittent / low volume products, how are they handled?
- Cannibalization, how are they handled?
- Weather, how is it handled?
- Demand artifacts
- Lost sales caused by stock-outs, how are they handled?
- Exceptional sales, how are they handled?
- Aggregation, top-down or bottom-up?
Obviously, we are barely scratching the surface here. Don’t hesitate to post your own questions, we will do our best to address them as well.